Urban Ore is a Berkeley legend. If you Google us you’ll find tons of stories and anecdotes online from students to artists to building contractors and even our government. Your first visit to the Ecopark (our name for the General Store and the Building Materials Exchange) can be overwhelming. In this blog post we’ll try to give you some inside advice for the ins and outs of how we are trying to End the Age of Waste.
Tours: If you have a group you’d like to bring by to learn more about our operations, schedule a tour. We’d be glad to set some time aside to show you how we work towards our goal of a zero waste future.
We are located at 900 Murray St., Berkeley, CA 94710
Hours: Monday – Saturday 8:30am - 7pm, Sunday 10am - 7pm, Receiving is open everyday until 5pm
Some useful things to know before heading on down here:
- Urban Ore can be chilly at times. We are pretty close to the bay and we get nice breezes that shoot through our large warehouse. For a more pleasant experience, bring something warm to wear.
- We also recommend gloves and clothes that you don’t mind getting dirty. Sometimes sorting through hardware or furniture can get messy.
- Dogs are welcome, but please keep them on leash at all times.
- Children should be supervised at all times. There are lots of large items in the store. Sometimes these large items get moved around and aren’t always put back safely.
- If you need a hand moving anything, we strongly encourage you ask an employee for help. That’s why we are here!
- There are restrooms conveniently located near the entrances of the building.
- We can hold purchases for up to seven days. (Note: Items must be purchased in full before we can hold them.)
- If you buy something large, we can help you get it home.
- You have up to two weeks to refund most items.